Thursday, December 10, 2015

Choosing What to Teach


During my first semester as an Interdisciplinary Studies major, I took a reading course entitled Foundations of Reading Instruction. This class was at first very stressful especially since the syllabus was 20 plus pages long. I had never had a class with more than 4 pages of a syllabus. My classmates reassured me that the class was not as hard as the professor made it seem. Every assignment we did came straight from our textbook and that book contained aspects of reading I had never heard of. I became interested in the new concepts and terms I was encountering and I decided that my strong point was reading and that is exactly what I would teach to my future students. I believe that reading is fundamental and it is the basis of everything that we do in our everyday lives. I was unaware at the beginning of my educational journey that teachers didn’t have to necessarily pick one area subject to teach, but they could choose to teach all of the core subjects or they could teach the non-core subjects.
www.rif.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment